Primary responsibilities include:
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g., ads, newsletters, SaaS user funnels) and purposes (e.g., product offerings, functionality descriptions, and troubleshooting)
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, FAQs and developer guides
- Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Collaborating with designers, PR, and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g., email campaigns)
- Working with internal teams on product and documentation requirements
We are looking for a remote, contract-based copywriter with a versatile set of skills: product copywriting, email copywriting, and technical writing. You’ll write clear and concise copy for ads, newsletters, software as a service (SaaS) funnels, developer documentation, user FAQs, and more.
You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product and marketing managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use, and convince our audiences to try our products.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled, and imaginative writer with an eye for detail. If you have strong writing abilities, and can grasp project requirements quickly to offer valuable insight, we’d like to meet you.
Submit three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Try to send us a diversity of work, whether it’s copywriting for product flows, FAQs, email marketing, or other. Please include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct (but on brand) voice
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Source images and other content
- Exceptional English writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proven experience as a copywriter, and working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Basic familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software development
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills