We’re seeking individuals with exceptional writing skills for the role of Freelance Content Writer.
As a freelance writer for Taroko, you will create articles, guides, infographics, and other online resources to drive traffic and links to websites spanning a number of industries.
Our ideal candidate has exemplary writing skills, demonstrates research and analysis abilities, and is eager to learn search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
Using SEO principles, writing best practices, and a deep well of creativity, you will learn to create content that’s consumable, shareable, lovable, and effective for any and all products. Additionally, we’ll provide you with introductory materials to help you learn SEO and content writing.
How to Start
What we can’t train you on is how to write. So, prove to us that you’re a phenomenal writer by providing us with:
- Your resume
- A cover letter detailing your writing experience
- Up to 3 writing samples of at least 500 words a piece
(Google Doc links acceptable for "Website, Blog or Portfolio" in application steps)
- A grammar and spelling test - Click this link to begin.
Duties and responsibilities
As a freelance content writer, you will be responsible for crafting professional, SEO-optimized content. You will:
- Produce SEO-targeted content such as blog posts, guides, and infographics based on outlines provided to you
- Take on assignments on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that content conforms to SEO best practices
- Deliver content that is engaging, accurate, and follows project guidelines
- Work with editors to ensure content is technically accurate and meets guidelines
- Make requested revisions as necessary (you will be asked to perform a maximum of two rounds of edits)
- Write clear content that communicates technical concepts to non-technical readers
- Exceptional writing skills - Must have
- Familiarity with US English writing style - Must have
- Research skills - Must have
- Familiarity with SEO concepts - Good to have
- Content writing experience - Good to have
- Copywriting experience - Good to have
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Detail-oriented with a structured approach to solving problems
- Able to collaborate with people effectively and efficiently
- Able to organize workflow independently and meet deadlines
- Have an eagerness to learn
- Organized and self-disciplined, detail-oriented, focused on execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills