We’re seeking individuals with exceptional writing skills for the role of Content Marketing Coordinator.
As an entry-level member of Taroko’s content marketing team, you will create articles, infographics, and other online resources to drive traffic and links to websites spanning a number of industries.
Our ideal candidate has exemplary writing skills, demonstrates research and analysis abilities, and is eager to learn search engine optimization (SEO) skills, tools, and practices.
Using SEO principles, writing best practices, and a deep well of creativity, you will learn to create content that’s consumable, shareable, lovable, and effective for any and all products.
How to Start
What we can’t train you on is how to write. So, prove to us that you’re a phenomenal writer by providing us with:
- Your resume
- A cover letter detailing your writing experience
- Up to 3 writing samples of at least 500 words a piece
(Google Doc links acceptable for "Website, Blog or Portfolio" in application steps)
- A grammar and spelling test - Click this link to begin.
Please be sure to finish the steps above to be seen as a completed application within 7 days. If you pass this stage, you will be invited to round two of the process.
Duties and responsibilities
- Researching and writing articles, blog posts, guest posts, resources, and tips for various websites, adhering to our style guide and writing best practices
- Using a Content Management System (Wordpress CMS) on a daily basis, creating new pages involving basic HTML and other Wordpress tools / plugins
- Using keyword research tools to populate keyword research sheets and develop content outlines based on user intent
- Optimizing old content to increase user engagement and increase rankings in Google search results
- Assisting coworkers with editing content for structure, grammar & punctuation, language & style, formatting, and substance
- Analyzing data on keyword tracking tools and Google Analytics to develop optimization strategies for content that does not rank
- Developing leads using advanced Google searches and other tools for outreach
- Crafting effective email pitches to land links and guest posts
- Staying up to date on industry trends on a daily basis through research and discussion
- Any other ad hoc activities (as required)
- 2 years of relevant work experience (or non-relevant work experience with transferable skills)
- Exceptional writing skills - Must have
- Familiarity with US English writing style - Must have
- Research experience - Must have
- Advanced Google search skills - Good to have
- Content writing experience - Good to have
- Copywriting experience - Good to have
- Peer editing experience - Good to have
- Keyword research experience - Good to have
- Outreach experience - Good to have
- Email marketing / writing experience - Good to have
- HTML (Basic / Advanced) experience - Good to have
Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Detail-oriented with a structured approach to solving problems
- Able to collaborate with people effectively and efficiently
- Able to organize workflow independently and meet deadlines
- Have an eagerness to learn and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and self-disciplined, detail-oriented, focused on execution
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why Choose Us?
Taroko is a leading internet company in Taiwan, with 70+ employees and growing rapidly. We value intelligent individuals who are hungry to learn and excel. By joining us you are making a commitment to grow professionally and personally. We care deeply about our staff and provide generous time off and various health/wellness benefits.
- Annually 15 days PTO and 5 days paid sick leave annually
- Wellness monthly allowance
- Annual health check-up